All rooms need a focal point – it is essential to good design as it creates order and a feeling of balance in your room. All it needs is something interesting to look at and that will draw the eye towards it… inviting the visitor to linger and enjoy!
Some tips on creating a focal point with your sofa:
1) Place a painted screen at the center behind the couch so that your focal point can become more inviting and visually more arresting.
2) Hanging a large painting or framed mirror above the sofa immediately draws attention to this area.
3) Use colourful fabric to cover the sofa; something that would express your personality.
4) Or if you don’t like to much colour, use different textures in subtle tones.
5) Don’t highlight secondary features with more vibrant colours or patterns than those used on the sofa